All volumes and a complete index online!
Effective June 1 2023, Book-Arts-L moved to Emory University.
After June 1:
- Subscribers, to post a message send to: email@example.com
- Full FAQ
with detailed instructions
- Put ALL commands in body of message and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe send:
subscribe Book_Arts-L "Your full real name"
Leave out the "" . All subscription requests must include
the full real name or they will not be approved by the moderator.
- For daily digest: set Book_Arts-L mail digest
- To unsubscribe: unsubscribe Book_Arts-L
Welcome to the 2008 Bind-O-Rama
Initiated in 2004, the Bonefolder's Bind-O-Rama challenge
and online exhibition have become an annual event. The 2008 event will feature
works exhibiting ANY of the structures described in the past 8 issues of the
Vol. 1, no. 1:
The springback; drum leaf binding
(for springback instructions see the German
or English versions)
Vol .1, no. 2:
Tunnel book; edelpappband/millimeter binding
Vol. 2, no. 1:
Flagbook; molded paper spine
Vol. 4, no. 2:
Twined binding; split board variation; board book adhesive binding
Entry & Submission Information:
Entrants are invited to enter up to two (2) works displaying any of the techniques
described in these past issues. Even though this is an online only exhibition
works should be completed to the highest standards of quality, including photography.
The Bonefolder will jury entries to fit the available space, and reserves
the right to reject those not meeting standards of image quality.
Your Entry Must Include:
Two digital images (Minimum 640 x 480 pixels @ 72dpi, jpg file format) of
Images must show:
- · Full view of both covers and spine.
- · A detail to show text and/or imagery on another surface of the
- Files should be named as binder's name-1.jpg... (e.g. verheyen-1.jpg,
- Images must meet these guidelines to be accepted, and be of good quality.
- A very brief description including:
- Binder's Name
- Location (City, Country)
- Description of design (including materials and printing method)
- Dimensions (Height x Width x Thickness) in CENTIMETERS
- Bookbinding/Book arts educational and training background
- All information must be included to be accepted
Maximum Number of Entries:
- Based on response, we also reserve the right to curate/jury the exhibit
to fit available space.
- For more information, or to send images and description contact: email@example.com.
- Entries will be compiled into an online catalog, which will be viewable
here on the Book Arts Web as well as in the Bonefolder.