All volumes and a complete index online!
Effective June 1 2023, Book-Arts-L moved to Emory University.
After June 1:
- Subscribers, to post a message send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full FAQ
with detailed instructions
- Put ALL commands in body of message and send to: email@example.com
- To Subscribe send:
subscribe Book_Arts-L "Your full real name"
Leave out the "" . All subscription requests must include
the full real name or they will not be approved by the moderator.
- For daily digest: set Book_Arts-L mail digest
- To unsubscribe: unsubscribe Book_Arts-L
- AFEDA: Asociación para el
Fomento de la Encuadernación de Arte. Spanish organization dedicated
to fine and design binding. In Spanish.
- Les Amis de la Reliure d'Art
du Canada: Site currently in French only. Among the highlights are
a very well done gallery of current works by members, French-English,
English-French binding glossaries, and a listing of suppliers.
- Les Amis de la Reliure d'Art:
- l'Association des relieurs
du Québec (ARQ): Organisme à but non lucratif créé
en 1983, l'Association des relieurs du Québec (ARQ) poursuit
trois principaux objectifs : regrouper les gens de métier, promouvoir
l'excellence de leur travail et développer l'intérêt
pour le livre relié et le livre d'artiste au Québec.
- Austin Book Workers:
dedicated to promoting the appreciation, study, and practice of ancient
and modern book structures, book design, and book production methods.
In Austin, TX.
- Book Arts Guild: Formed in
Seattle in 1979 to support the diverse disciplines of the book arts
and is dedicated to promoting all hand bookmaking crafts and contemporary
- Bund Deutscher Buchbinder E.V. (BDBI):
Federation of German Bookbinding Guilds.
- The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists
Guild: Information on the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists
Guild activities including, workshops, exhibitions, publications, study
opportunities list, and much more.
- Canberra Craft Bookbinders
Guild: An Australian group of people sharing ideas and techniques
in book arts.
- College Book Art Association:
The College Book Art Association supports and promotes academic book
art education by fostering the development of its practice, teaching,
scholarship and criticism.
- Designer Bookbinders:
Designer Bookbinders is the principal society in Great Britain devoted
to the art and craft of hand bookbinding. The society is internationally
known and respected, and Fellows of the society are amongst the finest
practitioners of the craft in the world.
of Dard Hunter: Friends of Dard Hunter is an organization for hand
papermakers and anyone with a passion for paper. Since 1981 we have
been connecting and educating papermakers in America and all over the
- The Guild of Book Workers:
Information about the the Guild's activities including the full text
of the Newsletter and Study Opportunities List, exhibits, publications,
and membership, and more. There are also numerous regional Chapters.
- Hand Bookbinders of California:
San Francisco-based Hand Bookbinders of California meet monthly and
sponsor workshops and classes. We celebrate the book: making books,
their collection, care and restoration.
- Meister der Einbandkunst
(MDE): German-based, international organization of design binding.
Their website comes and goes, but they had an amazingly rich tradition.
Let's hope they can work their way back.
- The Miniature Book Society, Inc.:
An international non-profit organization whose purposes are to sustain
an interest in all phases of miniature books, to provide a forum for
the exchange of ideas and to serve as a clearing house for information
about miniature books.
- New South Wales Guild
of Craft Bookbinders: The NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders Inc, formed
in 1979, consists of people of various occupations and ages but having
a common interest in books, book crafts and bookbinding. The membership
includes many professional bookbinders. The Guild’s role is to
provide its members with facilities for learning skills at all levels,
a workroom for the use of members and a venue to foster interest in
and knowledge of this craft.
- NPO Laboratory for Preservation,
Conservation, and Restoration: Japanese organization with workshops
and other resources for the binding and conservation of the book...
Site in Japanese.
- Papermakers of Victoria:
Australian group whose purpose is to provide mutual support for hand
papermakers through the exchange of ideas and information, discussion
- Queensland Bookbinders Guild Inc.:
To promote, foster and practise the arts of bookbinding and related
- Society of Bookbinders
(UK): Dedicated to traditional bookbinding, preserving and conserving
the printed and written word.
- Stichting Handboekbinden:
Organization in the Netherlands created by the merger of the Stichting
Boekbehoud (Book Conservation Foundation of the Netherlands) and the
Nederlandse Handboekbindersliga (Dutch Craftbookbinders Society). Site
- Stowarzyszenie Introligatorów Polskich (Association of Polish Bookbinders): The main purpose of the Association is the popularization of the craft of bookbinding. We want to be a liaison between the artist and the clients; we want to show, recommend, publish and spread information to the widest possible audience on the craft of bookbinding. / W ostatnich kilku latach środowisko introligatorskie w naszym kraju podjęło działania, które miały doprowadzić do powstania branżowego stowarzyszenia. Starania te spowodowały powołanie do życia w dniu 19.08.2020 roku Stowarzyszenia Introligatorów Polskich.Site in Polish and English.
- West Australian Craft Bookbinders
Guild: The Guild meets once per month in the suburb of Como, Perth,
Western Australia, and is dedicated to advancing bookbinding in Western