All volumes and a complete index online!
Effective June 1, Book-Arts-L will move to Emory University. All current subscribers will be moved to the new home with their subscription settings intact. Messages sent to the old Syracuse address will not be forwarded.
After June 1:
- Subscribers, to post a message send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full FAQ
with detailed instructions
- Put ALL commands in body of message and send to: email@example.com
- To Subscribe send:
subscribe Book_Arts-L "Your full real name"
Leave out the "" . All subscription requests must include
the full real name or they will not be approved by the moderator.
- For daily digest: set Book_Arts-L mail digest
- To unsubscribe: unsubscribe Book_Arts-L
The Bonefolder: an e-journal for the bookbinder and book artist
The Bonefolder — Volume 5, No. 1, Fall 2008
4.95 MB file size Version 5.0 or higher recommended.
For ease of
download, saving to disc before opening is recommended.
latest version of Adobe
While the Bonefolder will remain available online, we recommend
saving to your hard disk, or printing out, to facilitate reading.
Table of contents:
- Limp bindings from Tallinn Monica Langwe Berg
- An Overview of Fibers, Yarns, and Textiles for the Book Artist
Amanda Thompson and Anna Embree
- Thinking by the Book Wendy Strauch-Nelson
- Colours of Persia: The Making of a Book Susan Allix
- The Simplified Binding Examined Laura Wait
- Big Books: Constructing a Four Foot Springback Charlene Matthews
- Modified for Re-use: Broken Ledger Bindings become Ledger Enclosure
- 2008 Bind-O-Rama A look back on techniques introduced in The
- Book Reviews
- English Bookbinding Styles 1450-1800, David Pearson
- A Companion to the History of the Book, Simon Eliot
and Jonathan Rose, editors Donia Conn
- The Changing Book: Transitions in Design, Production, and
Preservation, Nancy E.Kraft and Holly Martin Huffman, editors
Peter D. Verheyen
- Advertise in the Bonefolder
- Submission Guidelines
Supporters of this issue are:
The Bonefolder (online) ISSN 1555-6565
This work is licensed under a Creative
Downloadable Issues ind PDF
to Volumes 1 – 8, 2004 – 2012
- Volume 8, 2012
- Volume 7, 2011
- Volume 6, Number 2, Spring 2010
- Volume 6, Number 1, Fall 2009
- Volume 5, Number 2, Spring 2009
- Volume 5, Number 1, Fall 2008
- Volume 4, Number 2, Spring 2008
- Volume 4, Number 1, Fall 2007
- Volume 3, Number 2, Spring 2007
- Volume 3, Number 1, Fall 2006
- Volume 2, Number 2, Spring 2006
- Volume 2, Number 1, Fall 2005
- Volume 1, Number 2, Spring 2005
- Volume 1, Number 1, Fall 2004
Read The Bonefolder at the Internet
Archive with other download options.
Editorial Board: The people who brought you The
The Bonefolder at research libraries
The Bonefolder © 2004-2012
Last Modified: Monday, 22-Jan-2018 17:46:22 EST